Saturday, November 8, 2014

Week 13 Reading Diary: The Heptameron of Margaret, Queen of Navarre

The Heptameron of Margaret, Queen of Navarre

The Lady of Milan and Her Lover

Awe! I loved this story! The guy is kind of a stalker though. Good thing the woman loved him back the whole time or she should have called the police. I'm surprised that she didn't actually...he literally followed her everywhere she went. She played a good trick on him though, I wish I were that clever! And she was so strong willed to ignore him even though she loved him for three years! I have got to learn to guard my heart like she does. The second half of the story was good too.

The Virgin With Child

Wow. Incest. Covered up by the claim of the next Virgin Mary? That's horrible. I hate that people use religion to cover their horrendous actions. Religion is something that is Holy, not a scapegoat. Oh that makes me irritated. The second half was similar.

The President of Grenoble's Revenge

Ah the cheating wife and the husband finding out. Very original. But why did the husband pretend he didn't find them? That was weird to me. Very weird. Okay, now I read the second part. It's all about image! Wow. What an obsession he has with the image of his household. Good grief. Well at least it worked out for him!

The Spanish Widow

This is a weird story. 99 for a cat and 1 for a horse? So strange. I wonder how much a ducat is…

Secrets Revealed

Um. This one is about rape. And how the woman was the one that sinned in the end. And it was her fault and they were laughing? That is not okay. I did not like this tory.

Woman On Her Death-Bed

Wow. This gives men a wonderful reputation. I'm not actually surprised at the husbands actions…that's sad. Poor wife…I am so glad she 

No comments:

Post a Comment