Friday, November 14, 2014

Essay for Week 14: Analyzing La Fontaine's Fables

La Fontaine's Fables

(La Fontaine's Fables)
This week's unit caught my eye because they are originally French stories! I love French stories! Because I love France and all things French. It was fun to see that a lot of French stories are similar to American stories that I grew up with. I've heard so many of those stories before, it was great! I don't think I had heard them in poem form, though. That was different and nice! I especially loved the Tortoise and the Hare story along with the Dogs story. Those two have really good distinct morals. I didn't have any that I disliked!

These stories are really good for little kids because of the simplicity and the rhyming. I don't know why, but kids seem to really love rhyming. I think I'm going to read these to my kids at the church sometime soon! This is wonderful. It contributed to my goals in this class because I wanted to find things to read that were similar to my interests. France is an interest and so this unit matched perfectly! I know I said last week that I did not like how much the British Units paralleled with my background. And here is La Fontaine's Fables matching a lot of things I've read and I loved it. Sounds a little hypocritical, but I think I just have a bias against America and Britain. What can I say? We're bullies to the rest of the world.

I didn't need to know any additional information before I read this unit. Everything was wonderful and I followed along very easily! It is very safe to say that this half of the last two week's of the class and the Native American Units were my absolute favorite! Yay! Definitely don't change this part of the British Unit. Keep the French!

No comments:

Post a Comment