Friday, November 14, 2014

Storytelling for Week 14: Morals Every 20-Something Should Live By

Morals Every 20-Something Should Live By



(A Picture of 20-Somethings!)

Have Empathy

Everywhere you go,
Everyone you meet,
Might be putting on a show,
Almost a performance in the street.
That is why,
We must try,
To counter their denial
With a loving smile.
Everyone is made
In their own special grade,
Of flesh and blood
And not one of us is a dud.

Have Humor

Life is hilarious
If not a bit precarious
And we must live
In order to give
A smile to
People that are going through
Crap.

Change is Consistent

Nothing remains the same
This does not require shame.
In anything we go through
And no matter what we do,
It will change again.
Change is the reason for growth
We as humans must endure both.
No need to fear the alternations
For it happens to even the greatest nations.
We must keep our chins up,
Buttercups,
And never let anything dull our sparkle.

Food is Good

Never diet.
Don't even try it.
Food is a gift to the planet
You want healthy? Do a pomegranate.
Don't worry about your weight
God made you great
It's our fate
To live beyond ourselves
So stop looking at your pantry shelves
Deciding what has fat
You have better things to do than that.

Author's Note: I decided to not base my Storytelling on any of the poems from this week's unit. They were all too short and simple. They all had morals at the end and I loved that. I also found this article, The 9 Morals Every 20-Something Should Live By by Lilliana De Ciantis  and I love it. I decided to use four of those morals in my version of La Fontaine's Fables. I rhymed everything and I feel like we, as 20-somethings can easily relate!

No comments:

Post a Comment