Saturday, October 4, 2014

Week 8 Reading Diary

Reading Diary for Week 8

Wow. It's week 8 already, I really can't believe it. My Reading Diary has gained quite a few entries over the past two months! I have really loved every unit I've chosen thus far in the semester and that love is reflected in my diary posts! Looking back, there are a lot of reactions to the units that are very similar. I found myself being very shocked at a ton of the events and morals, or lack there of, presented in the stories.

After re-reading the Reading Diary instructions, I still have the same understanding of the weekly assignment as I did prior to the re-read. I have followed the instructions very well and I only leaned away from one of the suggestions. I shied away from writing about my favorite stories and just made sure I wrote about half of each reading unit. I don't really have favorites, I think they're all very interesting so it was hard to decide favorites. This also lead to me not commenting on a lot of stories which I felt was not productive. I never summarize what I read, just mention the things that get a rise out of me. I feel the need to comment on these situations. I think I do need to summarize a little bit though, because sometimes the plot slips from my mind completely. I enjoy seeing my reactions, but I can't always remember why I had them.

Each Reading Diary I do follows the pattern of me commenting on all the odd numbered stories. That way it's pretty evened out and I comment a decent amount of times on the unit. Sometimes if I really do enjoy a story, I'll leave that pattern and comment on it regardless of its number. This routine has my posts being relatively the same each week! Give or take 100 words.

I always make sure I take the notes at the end of each story I read in the unit. I want to have my reactionary notes fresh and new, not something I remember I did. That won't get me the best reflection to look over later.

The Reading Diaries in general are really good. I am motivated to read everything because I have to! Haha, not that I don't want to. It just gives me a productive aspect of reading the entire unit. I can physically see my process. That always go over better with me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment