Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Week 3 Reading Diary: Adam and Eve Unit

Adam and Eve


The Creation

This is most definitely not the first time I've read this! Being Christian, of course it isn't the first time, it still has a magical aspect for me though. Magic and God don't go together, but I still am awed by the creation story. Just makes me stand stronger in my faith :)

The Fall

This story is always interesting to me. I have grown up learning that God is not a spiteful God, but this episode is rather vengeful in my opinion. Bringing hardship and pain to human kind. Yes, Adam and Eve royally messed up, but forgiveness is key, is it not?

The Ideal Man

OH MY GOSH I HAVE NEVER NOTICED THIS BEFORE! I had no idea that all of these Bible characters passed away by the characteristic of Adam that they possessed. That's eerily awesome. The weaves of connections through out the Bible never cease to fascinate me. I also had no idea that Adam had so much power: creating 70 languages? Dang.

The Fall of Satan

I forget sometimes that Satan was once God's most highest Angel. He was jealous. Did he partake from the Tree of Knowledge as well? Is that how he developed the feeling of jealousy?

Lilith

What? Eve was Lilith before she was Eve? She was being very difficult. This is not the way the Bible tells it. I don't know if I like this version.

Eve

Just read this: Further Proof

The Punishment, cont.

I have heard this part of the story so many times. There really isn't much deviation from the original Biblical version. The same punishment has always been said to have been bestowed upon Adam, Eve, and the land.

Leaving the Garden

If Adam and Eve had just turned around or walked around the garden, they would have been able to bath in the sea, cleansing themselves of their sins and things would have been so different. It was so simple for them to do! I know they didn't know that the sea existed, but still, it's crazy that there was a simple solution to eating the fruit from the tree of knowledge.

Entering the Cave of Treasure

Poor Adam and Eve, coming from a place that they loved so much and were so comfortable in, to this damp, dark cave. It's their own fault  though, they should have obeyed Gods' wishes in the first place! I don't feel so bad about it.

The Die a First Time

I didn't know that Adam and Eve died once in the cave. That is an interesting version though, it demonstrates their rebirth after Eve's repentance to God for her transgressions. This was a very moving story of the Unit.

Want of Water and Light

Adam tries to kill himself a third time? Does he not realize that God will bring him back from death each time? Adam and Eve are God's first creations; of course he won't let them perish in grief, but when their times come later in life. Annnddd they try to kill themselves yet again in the next story. This is a lot of suicide attempts from the two of them: Suicide and Salvation



No comments:

Post a Comment