Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Week 1- Hannah's Storybook Favorites!

Hannah's Storybook Favorites!

1. Flipped Scripts
2. Nursery Rhymes Gone Wrong
3. The Prince Diaries

    I looked through a lot of the Storybooks provided as examples from previous students, and I mean a lot. Every single one I looked at was awesome and unique, showing that each person has a creative mind similar to a finger print; not one is exactly alike. After selecting my three favorites, I noticed a pattern between my choices that show my finger print of a mind as well! My three favorites are Flipped Scripts, Nursery Rhymes Gone Wrong, and The Prince Diaries. These three all have one big thing in common: they're all opposite perspectives of the status quo! Stories from the vanquished, reality of nursery rhymes, and the view from two princes! I really enjoy viewing things from a perspective that no one ever pays attention to, I do it a ton for my International and Area Studies major. I learn so much more about the big picture and why people do things or how something happened if I see it from both sides of the story. For example, America portrays Iran as a horrible country with huge problems that we need to control, but in reality Iran is the most stable nation in the Middle East. I only learned this information by seeing it from the Iranian view! Everyone knows the original story from the point of view of heroes or heroines; happy nursery rhymes; The Princess Diaries, I want to know the other side of all stories! For Flipped Scripts, I really enjoyed how the dialogue was set up like a radio talk show, or television show, that was very original! The setting at the Styx River was also very fitting. For the Nursery Rhymes gone wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed the point of view coming from the perspective of Betty Blue and not the author of the Storybook, which was wonderful! It served as a reference point from a relevant source; I thought it was very cute. Last but not least, The Prince Diaries was hilarious. You never get to see their point of view! Just princesses. The perspective coming from someone who happened across their diaries made it have a secretive edge and that was very intriguing for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment