Sunday, August 17, 2014

Week 1 - New Orleans, Venice, and Vichy: The Three Favorite Places of Me

Oh the Places You'll Go? No. Oh the Places I've Been!

Travel is one of life's many luxuries and I am fortunate enough to have had a taste of the world outside of my home soil.

New Orleans, Louisiana

I was raised in Dallas, TX but born in New Orleans, LA and that is where my heart planted its roots. My family is all from the New Orleans area and the Cajun spirit lives in me! We go back at least twice a year and my plan after I graduate is to high-tail it back there!

(Bourbon Street in the French Quarter of New Orleans Source: Wikipedia)



Venice, Italy

Studying abroad last year was the best experience of my life. I studied in France, but I traveled a lot all over Europe and Venice, Italy was by far the most wonderful. The sounds and smells and people were incredible. The isolation from cars was so surreal and awe inspiring!
(A picture of me in Venice, Italy! Photo credits to Debbie Young)

Vichy, France

This was the center of my study abroad experience! My university was located here and I spent so much time making wonderful memories in this beautiful and historical city. I speak fluent French and took language intensive courses while studying there. Vichy is so different from Paris, that is why I love it, too. Paris was too busy. Vichy was just enough of an exciting place to keep me on my toes, but not overwhelmed!

(Ancient castle in Vichy, France Source: Wikipedia)



1 comment:

  1. Wonderful, Hannah - what a great post! I love the "absinthe" in the New Orleans picture especially. And I can endorse enthusiastically two out of the three (I love both New Orleans and Venice)... and I only wish I had been to Vichy in order to endorse that one too. The picture you shared there is lovely! And, of course, these are all places with great storytelling traditions of their own, so maybe they will inspire your class project. Italy, in particular, is a land with some amazing storytelling traditions, and you will find several Italian reading options in the Europe module in the class. Enjoy! :-)

    ReplyDelete